Monday, January 14, 2013

Drawing a blank

I've got nothin', today. Part of the problem is a lack of energy over the weekend, meaning I didn't get any new drafts written. Still playing Wind Waker, so I've also been rather demoralised by the Wind Temple.

So in lieu of anything original to say, I just want to recommend this article about cinematography, why it's important and where Les Misérables gets it so wrong: Film Crit Hulk Smash: HULK VS. TOM HOOPER AND ART OF CINEMATIC AFFECTATION.

You'll have to forgive Film Crit Hulk's ALL-CAPS writing style and occasionally stunted grammar, but the core of the article is brilliant, and even though I haven't seen (and have no intention of seeing) Tom Hooper's Les Mis, the stuff in there about the technical aspects of a shot's construction is so fascinating to me that not being familiar with the sequences being described isn't really a handicap.

And when you're done with that, read everything else on Badass Digest, because it's probably the best website on the internet at all of what it covers.

It is, at the very least, my absolute favourite, not least because the comments sections are (almost) always civil and every bit as interesting as the articles themselves.

No comments: