Friday, January 25, 2013

Not today

Today has been too much effort. Spent a more of it than I'd have liked trying to figure out how to get information I don't have (but really kind of should) out of the database at work, and I'm pretty sure it's my fault so I can't even blame the last guy. Oh don't get me wrong: I'll do my best to pass it off as his fault. I just don't think it'll stick this time.

Then I had to get the bus home. Fairly certain that the driver of the first #17 I approached saw me, but decided to drive off anyway when I got within six feet of the door. Public transport is not condusive to a calm, rational mentality at the best of times; when it's my only choice thanks to the bad weather, the slightest mistake or oversight takes on the guise of a concerted, malicious act directed squarely at me.

No comments: